From Patrick Barnes <mrtr...@gmail.com>
Subject Couchdb and OpenSolaris
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 07:08:04 GMT
We need couchdb 0.11 installed onto a Solaris 10 server. Has anyone
written a more recent guide for installing couchdb on Solaris than the
Joyent 0.8.1 guide?

My colleague built couchdb 0.11 and succeeded in getting past the
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-716 issue, to the futon
management screen.

So far we've encountered two show-stopping issues:

- When trying to create a new user via futon, the action fails, and the
error shown is
Signup error: {gen_server,call, [couch_query_servers,
{get_proc,{doc,<<"_design/_auth">>, {1, ..............(goes on for a
long time, includes the _user db validate_doc_update function text)

- Most of the tests don't work, including the 'basics' test - the status
changes to 'running', but the test never completes.

Happy to help with chasing these things up, but not sure where to start.
-Patrick Barnes