From James Marca <jma...@translab.its.uci.edu>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 has been released
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:04:40 GMT
Congratulations and thanks to all the developers for all the hard work
putting together this excellent tool.

James Marca

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 01:57:50PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 has been released and is available for download:
>
> 	http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> This is a huge milestone for the CouchDB community, and we'd like to thank every single
person who's helped us get this far. This project would be nothing without its community,
and we are fortunate enough to be blessed with a very healthy one.

> Changes in this release:
>
>  * More efficient header commits.
>  * Use O_APPEND to save lseeks.
>  * Faster implementation of pread_iolist(). Further improves performance on
>    concurrent reads.
>  * Added authentication caching
>  * Faster default view collation.
>  * Added option to include update_seq in view responses.
>
> This builds on the changes made in 0.11.1, also released today.
>
> Apache CouchDB is a document-oriented database that can be queried and indexed in a MapReduce
fashion using JavaScript. CouchDB also offers incremental replication with bi-directional
conflict detection and resolution.

> CouchDB provides a RESTful JSON API than can be accessed from any environment that allows
HTTP requests. There are myriad third-party client libraries that make this even easier from
your programming language of choice. CouchDB’s built in Web administration console speaks
directly to the database using HTTP requests issued from your browser.

> CouchDB is written in Erlang, a robust functional programming language ideal for building
concurrent distributed systems. Erlang allows for a flexible design that is easily scalable
and readily extensible.

> Relax and prosper,

believed to be clean.