From Julian Moritz <maili...@julianmoritz.de>
Subject Re: Why I think view generation should be done concurrent.
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2010 17:24:16 GMT
Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 04.07.2010, 09:37 -0700 schrieb J Chris Anderson:

> >> You should remove this reduce function. It's not doing you any good and it's
burning up your CPU. Things will be much faster without it.

> > But does the view then still what I want to? I need the keys to be
> > unique.
> >

> if you just need unique keys, you can replace the text of the python reduce function
with "_count" and you will avoid the python overhead for reduce, which will help alot.

ok, thanks.

> also, if what you are really saying is that you only want each URL in your database once,
it might make sense to consider using URLs (or URL hashes) as your docids, to prevent duplicates.

nope. I'm yield'ing the _outgoing_ urls of each url. Having one document
per url is another topic (and I do that already).

Regards
Julian