From Steven.Prent...@nextgen.net
Subject business model / 'ER' help
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 03:14:21 GMT
Hi I am trying to get my head around a simple practice task, however I
can't stop thinking about relational models as opposed to document models
hehe

ok so i have one couchDB database that has to contain 3 stores, each store
has a product inventory (i.e product name, qty)

I have to be able to:

1. list the total qty of each item (i.e across all stores)
2. list the QTY of a certain item within each store
3. list all items, their qty for a specific store

...I could smash this out in SQL in a few minutes...but cant get my head
around doing it as documents....eg would I have a document for each store
containing product attributes(i.e p1, p2 etc)? or a document for each
product containing store attributes(i.e P > s1-qty, s2-qty, s3-qty)?

or (and i doubt this be true) would i have separate store docs and product
docs and somehow link then like I would in a 'real' (:-p) database lol

wasnt sure if these kinds of Q's were asked in here so thought id just
give it a shot