From faust 1111 <faust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need advice about docs structure design.
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:25:20 GMT
Chris

> views are processed in batch, so all functions in a design doc are calculated together.

What is mean?
Example: i keep Bookmarks and Posts in same DB
have two views:
   one fetch Bookmarks
   another fetch Posts

when i called fetch Posts what happens?
  Posts view processed all new+updated docs
  Bookmarks view processed all new+updated docs
  > all functions in a design doc are calculated together.

If i follow you, when i call one view others in design doc are re-calculate too?
is it right?

Thanks!

2010/6/18 J Chris Anderson <jchris@gmail.com>:

> On Jun 17, 2010, at 1:37 PM, faust 1111 wrote:
>
>> If i keep  them in the same database
>> What about view speed?
>>
>> Example users add many bookmarks and when try fetch Posts each
>> bookmark processed by this view but it's unnecessary it's slow down my
>> views is not it?.
>>

> views are processed in batch, so all functions in a design doc are calculated together.
so don't worry about having lots of views.

> still, it helps to keep views compact, so only emit what you need from each view, even
if you have many views. (I break this rule all the time).