From Norman Barker <norman.bar...@gmail.com>
Subject clucene and couchdb
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 21:31:13 GMT
Hi,

I am writing a clucene indexer for CouchDB, I have
update_notifications and _fti as a db handler working. I am using
stdout/stdin for the communication and it is looking good.

Looking at http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Full_text_search I see that
the index property in the design document is a javascript function and
I am wondering why? For views I can understand why you would want to
do an evaluation but for Lucene could we just use a JSON Path
reference?

Thoughts appreciated, since I am in C++ and SpiderMonkey is available
I could do an eval of the javascript, but it might be easier just to
parse the JSON path.

We will be putting this CLucene implementation in the public domain
once I have cleared the necessary internal paperwork.

CLucene is dual license (Apache and LGPL) and I am using Cajun (BSD)
for the JSON parsing so should I host this separately or take out a
JIRA ticket to have it included in CouchDB?

thanks,

Norman