From Paweł Stawicki <pawelstawi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lost access to configuration
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:38:21 GMT
Ok, this works after I set require_valid_user = false in
/etc/couchdb/local.ini. But what if I want this option to be turned
on? When it's on, I can't even see "Login" link. Seems like it's also
restricted. I am getting 3 error messages:

"An error occurred retrieving/updating the server configuration:
Authentication required."
"Server information could not be retrieved: Authentication required."
"An error occurred getting session info: Authentication required."

And even with require_valid_user = false, how can I login outside of
futon? E.g. if I want to operate on database via HTTP by curl?

I also want to ask where user's password is kept? I created more
admins by clicking "Setup more admins" next to login link in futon.
Let's call created user "sam". Then I went to
http://localhost:5984/_users/org.couchdb.user:sam and there is no
"password_sha1" field, nor "salt" field.

Best regards
--
Paweł Stawicki
http://pawelstawicki.blogspot.com

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 23:06, J Chris Anderson <jchris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2010, at 1:40 PM, Paweł Stawicki wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Recently I was playing with authentication settings, and now I lost
>> access to configuration of my server :( I can't login as server admin.
>> My system is ubuntu 10.04, and I use couchdb 0.11.
>>
>> In /etc/couchdb/local.ini I set in [admin] section:
>> joe = joe
>>
>> and restarted database. In my browser I go to:
>> http://joe:joe@localhost:5984/_utils/database.html?_config
>>
>> But then I get message "You are not a server admin".
>>
>> How can I log in as server admin?
>>

> in the lower right hand corner of http://localhost:5984/_utils/ should be a Login link.
try the joe credentials there.