From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Map/reduce returning an array?
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 01:02:00 GMT
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 17:37, 7zark7 <7zark7@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, I'm unsure what to use for a reduce function.

I do not think you want a reduce function

> "Reduce output must shrink more rapidly: "

Reduce is supposed to reduce. Growing an array inside your reduce is a
good way to break things at scale. You can set reduce_limit=false in
the couchdb section of your local.ini, but I would not recommend this
"solution". You already have your array, it's just got more
information than you want.
If you insist on returning an array of *just* the ids in your rows use
a list function.
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Formatting_with_Show_and_List

-Randall