From mickael.bai...@free.fr
Subject Re: couchdb local.ini set up
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:21:34 GMT
Hello,

the saveDoc function take the document to save in the first argument, and options in the second
arguiment...

function joinChannel(app, cname) {
  var authorRand = Math.random().toString();
  $("#frPage").submit(function() {
    var apl, apid, first, last, dsc, email, _id;
    apl = $("#app").val();
    apid = $("#appid").val();
    first = $("#first").val();
    last = $("#last").val();
    dsc = $("#desc").val();
    email = $("#email").val();
    if (apl) {
      var message = {
        _id:idGenerator(),
        apinfo: { apl : apl,  apid:apid, dsc:dsc
        },
        owner:{ first:first, last:last, email:email
        },
        date : new Date()
      };
      alert(JSON.stringify(message));
      app.db.saveDoc( message,
        {
          "success": function () { alert ("document saved");},
          "error": function () { alert ("document recording failed");}
        }
      );
    }
    return false;
  })

Mickael

Thanks a lot guys for ur help I really appreciate it:
Could u please explain how can I modify
this 'app.db.saveDoc({channel:cname,message:message});' for my application,
how the saveDoc() function works