From Sebastian Cohnen <sebastiancoh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Crash: Ip or Hostname as bind_address
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:38:10 GMT
you cannot bind a server to a hostname and it does not make much sense at all to try. what
are you trying to achieve?

On 21.06.2010, at 13:48, Kendelenyi, Gabor wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have no problem starting up a couchdb using an ip address as the bind_address, however
when I try to use hostname then I get this error message.

> What am I doing wrong?
>

> [error] [<0.77.0>] {error_report,<0.31.0>,
>    {<0.77.0>,supervisor_report,
>     [{supervisor,{local,couch_server_sup}},
>      {errorContext,start_error},
>      {reason,shutdown},
>      {offender,
>          [{pid,undefined},
>           {name,couch_secondary_services},
>           {mfa,{couch_server_sup,start_secondary_services,[]}},
>           {restart_type,permanent},
>           {shutdown,infinity},
>           {child_type,supervisor}]}]}}
>
> =SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 21-Jun-2010::07:45:07 ===
>     Supervisor: {local,couch_server_sup}
>     Context:    start_error
>     Reason:     shutdown
>     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},
>                  {name,couch_secondary_services},
>                  {mfa,{couch_server_sup,start_secondary_services,[]}},
>                  {restart_type,permanent},
>                  {shutdown,infinity},
>                  {child_type,supervisor}]
>

> =CRASH REPORT==== 21-Jun-2010::07:45:07 ===
>  crasher:
>    initial call: application_master:init/4
>    pid: <0.31.0>
>    registered_name: []
>    exception exit: {bad_return,
>                        {{couch_app,start,
>                             [normal,
>                              ["/blabla/couchdb/default.ini",
>                               "/blabla/couchdb/local.ini"]]},
>                         {'EXIT',
>                             {{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},
>                              [{couch_server_sup,start_server,1},
>                               {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
>      in function  application_master:init/4
>    ancestors: [<0.30.0>]
>    messages: [{'EXIT',<0.32.0>,normal}]
>    links: [<0.30.0>,<0.6.0>]
>    dictionary: []
>    trap_exit: true
>    status: running
>    heap_size: 1597
>    stack_size: 24
>    reductions: 426
>  neighbours:
>
> Cheers, Gabor

> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy, and notify sender. Sender does not intend
to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.
We may monitor and store emails to the extent permitted by applicable law.