From Wendall Cada <wenda...@83864.com>
Subject Re: Fedora js-devel
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:52:55 GMT
On 06/29/2010 06:39 AM, Sebastian Cohnen wrote:

> not sure about fedora, but the displayed version by the js-command is very odd (read:
not correct) on my systems (os x). I would not rely on that information.

This is the same information that yum reports for the package.
js-devel-0.70 and js-0.70. Maybe OSX has a habit of reporting incorrect
versions, but I've not seen any core maintained packages with anything
bit minor rev discrepancies. The spec file says that it is built against
this.
> On 29.06.2010, at 15:32, Wendall Cada wrote:
>

>> While doing some preliminary research on building a couchdb rpm, I discovered that
Fedora/Centos/RedHat couchdb rpms are built against js-devel-0.70.

>> As can be seen here:
>> $ js -v
>> JavaScript-C 1.7.0 2007-10-03
>>
>> I am quite shocked that it is being built against something so ancient. xulrunner-devel
is at 1.9.2.4 on my fc13 workstation.