From Mike Keen ...@visiture.com>
Subject Re: Retrieve List of Documents by Ids
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:54:29 GMT
How about the bulk document API? This allows you to get multiple documents at once by ID.

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Bulk_Document_API

Mike

On Jun 21, 2010, at 5:45 PM, Gordon Leland Hempton wrote:

I have an application where I have a list of 20-40 document id's that I
would like to retrieve from couch. There isn't a pattern to these ids that
would translate to a view easily (to my knowledge).

What is the best way to do this? It seems excessive to create 40 http
requests on the server to render a single web page. Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Gordon