From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@buyways.nl>
Subject RE: Connect to flex
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 19:09:36 GMT
Hi,

Can you accept json encoded data in Flex? If so, putting a simple HTTP proxy (such as Nginx
or Apache's mod_proxy) in front will suffice. There is no need for any additional server sided
language.

Cheers,

-----Original message-----
From: mario dcunha <mario_dcunha@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue 11-05-2010 21:04
To: user@couchdb.apache.org;
Subject: Connect to flex

Hi,

We are students of computer science engineering. currently we're working on a project were
we are aiming to create a web applicaition using adobe flex builder 3.

this application is an automated department manager, which manages the students and teacher
details of our department in our college. so we know that flex can connect to mysql and the
php files are generated automatically.

is it possible to connect flex to couch db? if that happens, it will be the best thing because
the middle layer(php) will be easily created, and also, the database (couch db) is anyways
easy to manage when compared to mysql.

This will possibly create a revolution in application creation. Please help us out in this
regard.

Thank you.

Mario Dcunha