From Mike Keen ...@visiture.com>
Subject Strange integer anomaly in Erlang view
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 14:32:17 GMT
Hey All,

I've recently been toying around with writing some Erlang views and have found the experience
enjoyable so far, with one caveat. My map function is returning bad integers. I'm not sure
what the cause could be, but if you guys could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly
appreciate it. Below is some info I think will help.

Map View:
fun({Doc}) ->
  DocumentID = proplists:get_value(<<"_id">>, Doc),
  case DocumentID == <<"campaigns">> of
    true ->
      AdwordsCampaigns = proplists:get_value(<<"adwords">>, Doc, null),
      [Emit(proplists:get_value(<<"id">>, StrippedCampaign, null), Campaign) ||
Campaign <- AdwordsCampaigns, {StrippedCampaign} <- AdwordsCampaigns];
    false -> ignore
  end

end.

It's pretty straightforward. I'm accessing one document called "campaigns", and emitting rows
with the campaign id as the key, and a performance data capture as the value. Or at least
that's what I'm trying to do. Output example:

Key: 53518364
Value: {adserving: "OPTIMIZE",   name: "Changed to protect the innocent",   automatch: "OPT_OUT",
  id:50573744,   serving: "SERVING",   client_id: 3455237823,   strategy: "ManualCPC",   status:
"ACTIVE"}

As you can see, the key does not match up to the value I requested from Couch. My first thought
was that maybe "id" was a bad choice for a key and that it might be conflicting with something
in the erlang view server, so I tried pulling "client_id" instead with a similar result. The
integer returned was different, but it still didn't match up with my request. Pulling "status",
and "strategy" was successful and returned the correct string.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Mike Keen