From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: arguments for couchdb ?!
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 11:00:32 GMT
On 14 May 2010 08:37, Alexander Uvarov <> wrote:
> On 14.05.2010, at 2:16, c.Kleinhuis wrote:
>> what about server configuration ? compared to mysql/hibernate/spring/java ?
>> as far as i can tell for windows, it worked nicely with the installer, any known
>> when setting up a server farm, or a single system ? ! i mean, how hard would it be
>> an advanced admin to set up a system with couchdb ?
> It depends. But this kind of question should answer more experienced member. First of
all, I don't see any reasons to run couchdb on windows in production. It's pretty simple If
you are going to set up N nodes replicating to each other and run nginx on top of them. Packages
are available for Linux (both couch and erlang), also it's dead simple to build couchdb from

IIRC the main issue with windows is no support for online compaction
at the moment due to some different file APIs between windows & linux.
Is there anybody running large farms of couch on windows?

View raw message