From Jim Woodgate <jdwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connect to flex
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 15:28:08 GMT
On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Nils Breunese <N.Breunese@vpro.nl> wrote:
> Anything that can do HTTP requests can talk to CouchDB directly. I'm not a Flex developer,
but it seems that Flex can do this. The responses will be JSON by default (other formats supported
through show and list functions), but it seems JSON support is also available for Flex, so
I guess that should all just work.

The problem is that flex and silverlight look for certain .xml files
to be read directly from the http server from the root location, ie
http://your.couchdbserver.com:5984/clientaccesspolicy.xml needs to
return the client access policy for silverlight.  Since CouchDB won't
natively support this you need to either need to modify CouchDB to
read additional files from /usr/share/couchdb/www (which isn't very
hard, just copy the code than handles favicon, you just have to
manually patch it in whenever you want to update couchdb) or put a
front end in front of CouchDB so you can serve the access .xml files
and proxy the CouchDB calls.

--
Jim Woodgate
jdwoody@gmail.com