From Daniel Gagne <danthe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connect to flex
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 19:06:52 GMT
Unfortunately FLEX doesn't give you all the http verbs, it only gives you
post & get.  If you want to just interact directly setup a blazeds backend
and then send the requests through that as a proxy.
http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/blazeds/BlazeDS/

Agreed, There really is no need for a php middle layer