From "c.Kleinhuis" ...@digitalgott.de>
Subject Re: arguments for couchdb ?!
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 20:16:33 GMT
Alexander Uvarov schrieb:
> On 14.05.2010, at 1:44, c.Kleinhuis wrote:
>

>> hi there,
>>
>> is there a comparison between hibernate/spring and couchdb ?
>>
>> to convience my project manager
>>
>> -in my eyes the main benefit of couchdb is that it removes a complete application
tier,
>> the java/server side, which maps objects to tables. the relaxing effect :D
>>
>> - here is a performance comparison:
>>
>> http://metalelf0dev.blogspot.com/2008/09/mysql-couchdb-performance-comparison.html
>> it is rather old (2008), and just displays that indexing is a bit slower, which shouldnt
>> be a problem
>>
>> if there are any more arguments, please let me know, also i would like
>> to have some examples of HUGE Sites using couchdb,
>> thx
>> ck
>>

> Good:
>
> 1. Schema-less is awesome for a lot of applications
> 2. RESTful JSON store
> 3. Document attachments
> 4. Views are fast
> 5. Full text search "out of the box" with couchdb-lucene
>
> Bad:
>
> 1. Does not support transactions and AFAIK there are no plans to directly support transactional
bulk document API

this is handled via eventual consistency as far as i know, and will
never be adressed ;)
with the benefit of fast responses

> 2. It's impossible to just say "update/delete all people where some field LIKE something",
but actually not a problem
ok

what about server configuration ? compared to mysql/hibernate/spring/java ?
as far as i can tell for windows, it worked nicely with the installer,
any known problems
when setting up a server farm, or a single system ? ! i mean, how hard
would it be for
an advanced admin to set up a system with couchdb ?