From mario dcunha <mario_dcu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Literature Survey
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 14:59:35 GMT
Alrite... well this if for my project in college in my last semester... we are quite late for
the final project submission, so working a hell lot on it now, to complete it before the deadline.
it will be done so by june first 2 weeks, so after that I would love to share it with you...
what we are presenting for the project evaluation in college is only the first phase and main
build up... but later we want to work more on it and think of doing something bigger with
it... if time and circumstance permits...
will let u know for sure... thanks for the info and I will report whateve u have given here
in my project report with due credit to you...

Thanks again... do let me know if u have heard about other projects on these lines...

________________________________
From: Patrick Barnes <mrtrick@gmail.com>
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Sat, 29 May, 2010 8:23:53 PM
Subject: Re: Literature Survey

Hi Mario,

This project of yours sounds interesting! I'm building a system at the
moment to handle large amounts of university data
- doc types are users, roles, and groups.
- users are all staff, students, external
- groups are hierarchically and flexibly arranged from faculty, school,
subject, semester, tutorials, to student group projects.
- roles represent user->group relations, and represent student enrolment,
tutor assignment, and administrator privileges.
- couchdb access is by applications.
- each application can attach its own data to users, groups or roles, so
many apps don't need their own db.

There's no "literature" for it yet, or even much documentation - but I'd be
happy to discuss it with you further if you're interested. I'd love to know
more about what you're planning,  as well.

Patrick Barnes
Senior Software Engineer
Faculty of Engineering and IT
University of Technology, Sydney