From Alexander Uvarov <alexander.uva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: arguments for couchdb ?!
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 20:09:34 GMT
On 14.05.2010, at 1:44, c.Kleinhuis wrote:

> hi there,
>
> is there a comparison between hibernate/spring and couchdb ?
>
> to convience my project manager
>
> -in my eyes the main benefit of couchdb is that it removes a complete application tier,
> the java/server side, which maps objects to tables. the relaxing effect :D
>
> - here is a performance comparison:
>
> http://metalelf0dev.blogspot.com/2008/09/mysql-couchdb-performance-comparison.html
> it is rather old (2008), and just displays that indexing is a bit slower, which shouldnt
> be a problem
>
> if there are any more arguments, please let me know, also i would like
> to have some examples of HUGE Sites using couchdb,
> thx
> ck

Good:

1. Schema-less is awesome for a lot of applications
2. RESTful JSON store
3. Document attachments
4. Views are fast
5. Full text search "out of the box" with couchdb-lucene

Bad:

1. Does not support transactions and AFAIK there are no plans to directly support transactional
bulk document API
2. It's impossible to just say "update/delete all people where some field LIKE something",
but actually not a problem