From Sam Bisbee <sbis...@computervip.com>
Subject Re: Help a noob upgrade couchDB from 0.8 to 0.11
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 05:11:48 GMT
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 02:19:43PM +1000, Steven.Prentice@nextgen.net wrote:
> Have I done something wrong? was I supposed to remove the old prior to
> installing or have I missed something? Please help!

Hi Steven,

Try killing all beam processes owned by your couchdb user (user's name is
probably couchdb). They might be restored by the heartbeat monitor, so you
could also try restarting the machine.

I suggest this because some older versions of couchdb have problems stopping
couchdb. This means that you have most likely installed the new version, but
there's an "orphaned" old version of couchdb still running in erlang -
rebooting the machine or killing all the processes will solve this.

If you do this and you're still having problems, then you probably still have
the older version installed. At this point I'd recommend removing all traces of
couchdb and re-installing the new version. You can back up any data to another
machine from the old version, which you should have probably done anyways when
beginning the upgrade - it will also ease data migration between versions.

Let us know if you're still having problems, or if you need guidance on
anything above. (It's late here on a holiday weekend, so I may have poorly
explained something.)

Cheers,

p.s. One e-mail to the list is sufficient - please refrain from sending
multiple messages. Maybe you clicked a button too many times? Thanks.

--
Sam Bisbee