From Sam Bisbee <sbis...@computervip.com>
Subject Re: couchdb 0.11 on debian lenny, futon.js error
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 15:55:47 GMT
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 05:00:56PM +0200, couchp@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I managed to install couchdb 0.11 on a debian lenny via
>
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
>
> in /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> As far as I can see couchdb is up and running fine. I added two databases and
> querying them via curl worked great.
>
> The problem however is that Futon does not work right.
>
> http://localhost:5984/_utils/
>
> The Startpage renders and shows only the website skeleton. The sidebar is
> missing and no database is shown in the database section of the screen.
>
> Firebugs console tells me there is a javascript error:
>
> this.live is not a function
>
> [Break on this error] return this.live('focusin', function() {

Hi couchP,

This is a known bug when running a mixed system (running lenny and then
installing CouchDB 0.11.0-1 from testing/unstable). There's more information in
the bug report: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=582022

In summary from the ticket, you need to install libjs-jquery from testing as
well. There wasn't a version number associated with the jquery dependency, and
the .live() function isn't available in the version of jquery in stable. I'll
be releasing a fix for this in 0.11.0-2 either this weekend or early next week.

Also, please feel free to report Debian related bugs directly to Debian - you
got semi-lucky that I follow this list. :-) Information on how to report bugs
can be found at http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting. A list of existing
tickets for the CouchDB package is at
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=couchdb

Cheers,