From Sebastien PASTOR <sebastien.pas...@gmx.com>
Subject doc creation consistency ?
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 16:01:36 GMT
Hello,

This might be a silly question but this is just bugging me right now...
so here it is : what is happening if a PUT request does not get its
response? Imagine we have a network issue just AFTER couchDB has
created a doc but BEFORE it could reply back to the client. Does couchDB
detect that and kinda delete the created doc  or the doc is definitively
created ? In that case when the client is timing out it believes the
doc creation  has failed  whereas it has not.

Sounds tricky but those things could happen right ?

Thanks

Sebastien.