From Sam Bisbee <sbis...@computervip.com>
Subject Re: Connect to flex
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 20:35:07 GMT
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 12:57:56AM +0530, mario dcunha wrote:
> but we do have to validate forms, connect to databses... preserve cookie
> sessions, verify user data and store user data to the databse right... so i
> think we do require php....

For what it's worth, you can do that all within CouchDB if you want to.
Depending on which version you're running (I'll assume 0.11.0), you can use
validation functions to validate user input, and HTTP Basic auth for the rest
(when you send your packets to CouchDB you would include the user's
username/password).

Of course, depending on how much time you have to learn CouchDB and/or deliver
the project, you can stick with the PHP route you're more familiar with.  Also,
if you do this then there's really no reason to have your Flex application talk
directly to CouchDB (unless you have a certain use case?): doing so would
likely circumvent any validation and authentication you have in the PHP layer.

Cheers,

--
Sam Bisbee