From Simon Metson <simonmet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Best views performance
Date Sat, 08 May 2010 12:56:42 GMT
Hi,
	I think it depends on what you are willing to trade. More indexes can
mean using up more disk space, and potentially longer calculation
time, but more efficient access on the client side (e.g. I'd get the
two fields I wanted instead of 20). So it depends on your application:
do you pay through the nose for storage, do you expect a lot of
updates (and hence a lot of view indexing) or are things fairly
static, do you have 1 client process of millions....
	I tend to try and have a view that indexes one piece of information
and then reuse that as much as possible with grouping, reduce=false,
include_docs etc. I'll only add a view when I know that one of my
existing ones can't be bent to my will. Not sure if that's the best
way to go so YMMV...
Cheers
Simon