From Guillaume Leprohon <glepro...@logsys.ca>
Subject Triggers
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 13:04:11 GMT
Hi!

I'm trying to find a way to insert a timestamp field with every
insert/update.  Because I can't rely on the user to provide valid data,
this information would have to be inserted while processing the request
on the server side (just like the _rev field).  In MySQL, I'm doing it
with triggers (before insert / before update), but (unless I'm missing
something), there is nothing that compares with triggers in CouchDB.
And since validation functions are side-effect free, I can't use those
to do it.  Any idea?

Thanks,

Guillaume Leprohon