From Alexander Uvarov <>
Subject Re: Any better solution for my case?
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 00:02:59 GMT

On 17.05.2010, at 4:42, Jarrod Roberson wrote:
>>> You can try the approach I used here to do "ad hoc" queries using
>>> what I
>>> call a "pivot" index.
>>> you could easily transform that into a multi-key query and use the
>>> same
>>> technique I used.
>> I am afraid that this approach can significantly break my server's
>> performance.
> How so I have tested it with 100k's of documents and did see any
> performance problems

With this approach operation turns into:

1. GET criteria document,
2. Pass it to the list function,
3. List function will filter each key by applying rules, sound like temp-view for each request

Instead of just querying a view.

Simply I don't need "ad hoc" query, this is not my case. I need "ad hoc" views. All criterions
are known at the moment of indexation.
It's much easier to just generate code for map function, but not so elegant.