From James Fisher <jameshfis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:11:15 GMT
2010/4/13 Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com>

> Very nice design. s/geared for the web/designed for the web/ ?

Thanks Rob.  And agreed; a bit more forceful.

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Paweł Stawicki <pawelstawicki@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I like the new design. Font is not so important for me, can be old one,
> can
> > be new one.

Thanks, Paweł.

An unrelated note: would there be any legal issues with the sponsorship
logos at bottom?  At http://www.apache.org/foundation/sponsorship.html I'm
told that sponsors have paid for specific-size logos at
http://www.apache.org/foundation/thanks.html .  Thinking about it, is there
any worth in having them there at all?  They're sponsors of Apache rather
than CouchDB specifically.  Are there any specific sponsors of CouchDB, or
do things not 'work like that'?

> > --
> > Paweł Stawicki
> > http://pawelstawicki.blogspot.com
> > http://szczecin.jug.pl
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 22:35, J Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org>
> wrote:

> word
> >> mark
> >> the

> are:

> >> I think the "Already used" point is the most salient. There are already
> >> ton of t-shirts, releases, etc all using the current logo.
> >>
> >> I think if we were gonna move from the current logo / word mark, we'd
> only
> >> move to something even more expensive. But that's my opinion...
> >>
> >> CouchDB is relaxing, but overplaying that too much can scare away people
> >> who want to use it for serious things.

> >> used

> >> hoover
> there's