From Mirsal Ennaime <mirsal.enna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:52:22 GMT
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 1:25 PM, James Fisher <jameshfisher@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I'm still at the messing-around-in-Inkscape stage, but this is how
> things stand (ignore the schema diagram thing, which will obviously be
> redone): http://i43.tinypic.com/23wsapl.jpg
>
> Hopefully I'll have quelled some people:
>
> * lighter, less saturated cyan

I like that, the background looks much nicer this way

> * cushions obliterated; I quite like the new simple text approach with
> extremely ample air around them

It's the way to go, imo. However, the position lacks balance (maybe
moving this section a bit higher on the page would help) and I don't
like how it looks with the current typeface.

> * logotype still in Candela, but with the extra padding removed
> * sponsor logos removed
> * content section widened to full width

I dont find the 5-column layout visually appealing, it has not enough
whitespace and it makes the content section look a bit cluttered.
Also, text lines are a bit too short.

> Comments?

This is definitely better, not yet perfect though.
I hope my comments were constructive enough, keep up the good work !

--
Mirsal