From Dan Smythe <xkeita...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependency problem while installing the new CouchDB-0.11.0 (libmozjs-dev)
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 07:43:04 GMT
Perhaps you could build it on the 5.5 server then? I'm just saying that the
3.8 might not be linking properly if the libraries aren't the same as the
3.6 libraries. You could possibly create a compat RPM as I had to with curl
to provide the lower libraries.

I was able to finally get it working, by the way.

I had to compile a new curl-7.18.0 RPM, and a curl-7.15.0-compat RPM to not
break the older library dependencies. Once I did that, I didn't have to
statically compile couchdb-0.11, since I had the newer curl libraries to
appease it. My problem with locating the spidermonkey js libraries was
resolved by no longer attempting to statically compile it. I suppose that
meant that it could not be statically compiled in.

As far as your issue is concerned, I would make sure the libraries present
for icu on the build machine were exactly the same as the libraries present
on the target machine. If that means that you have to rebuild with different
libraries, or provide upgrade/downgrade compat RPM's for the libraries that
are different, then apparently that's what you've got to do to get it
working.

You can use rpm -qil [packagename] to see the files the package provides, to
compare.

I'm wondering, what OS that CouchDB is being developed on?