From Rachel Willmer <rwill...@gmail.com>
Subject can you detect consistency?
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:11:19 GMT
Say I have 2 couchdb nodes which replicate bi-directionally.

Is there a way of detecting that they have reached consistency?
(assuming that changes have stopped being made and that the
replication has done its thing)

By trial and error, I can see that in a scenario where I have two
nodes which do in fact have the same data (which I've verified by
scripting a doc-by-doc check that their revs are the same, and their
contents are the same); in that scenario, the update_seq is different
on the two nodes.

So I have 2 questions:

a) is that expected or a bug? (my guess is that it's expected)

b) is there any other way of detecting consistency quickly?

Rachel