From Ning Tan <ning...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding the ability to do a POST to _changes
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:36:15 GMT
Were you able to let this new test I wrote pass in Futon? I
practically did the same thing to enable POSTing to _changes filters,
but the request hangs for me. See here:

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 2:14 AM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 28, 2010, at 11:07 PM, Jarrod Roberson wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 1:54 AM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Your JavaScript function should be able to accept the POST body and use it
>>> to decide whether to return true or false. So you can parse the JSON in your
>>> _filter fun and return true or false based on a docid match.
>>>

>> That is exactly what I came up with, but it seems a little expensive to
>> parse that JSON over and over for every document that gets changed I figured
>> it would be more efficient to do it in the Erlang layer once and be done
>> with it.
>>

> There are a million optimizations it'd be nice to have. As a project we are focussed
on getting the programming model solid and flexible enough. After 1.0 we'll focus on optimizations.

> There is a patch in 0.11 to allow for replication by docid. There should be a test case
for it, and a closed Jira issue. I haven't used it yet but I'm pretty sure I remember it being
applied.