From Bharat <bharat.kj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependency problem while installing the new CouchDB-0.11.0 (libmozjs-dev)
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 05:21:44 GMT
FYI, I was able to successfully create the rpm for 0.11.
Let me know if anyone wants it and I can upload it somewhere or something.

Thanks guys.

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Bharat <bharat.kjsce@gmail.com> wrote:

> fwding again. I cant seem to send/reply emails in the first attempt.
>

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Bharat <bharat.kjsce@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks again Dan.
>>
>> I think you are right, I was building off 5.3 and trying to deploy on 5.5.
>> I am going to try to build on 5.5 and see if that does the trick.
>>
>> will update.
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:43 AM, Dan Smythe <xkeitarox@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Perhaps you could build it on the 5.5 server then? I'm just saying that
>>> the
>>> 3.8 might not be linking properly if the libraries aren't the same as the
>>> 3.6 libraries. You could possibly create a compat RPM as I had to with
>>> curl
>>> to provide the lower libraries.
>>>
>>> I was able to finally get it working, by the way.
>>>
>>> I had to compile a new curl-7.18.0 RPM, and a curl-7.15.0-compat RPM to
>>> not
>>> break the older library dependencies. Once I did that, I didn't have to
>>> statically compile couchdb-0.11, since I had the newer curl libraries to
>>> appease it. My problem with locating the spidermonkey js libraries was
>>> resolved by no longer attempting to statically compile it. I suppose that
>>> meant that it could not be statically compiled in.
>>>
>>> As far as your issue is concerned, I would make sure the libraries
>>> present
>>> for icu on the build machine were exactly the same as the libraries
>>> present
>>> on the target machine. If that means that you have to rebuild with
>>> different
>>> libraries, or provide upgrade/downgrade compat RPM's for the libraries
>>> that
>>> are different, then apparently that's what you've got to do to get it
>>> working.
>>>
>>> You can use rpm -qil [packagename] to see the files the package provides,
>>> compare.
>>>
>>> I'm wondering, what OS that CouchDB is being developed on?

>>> this

>>> libraries

>>> libraries

>>> icu,