From David Coallier <david.coall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb document size
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:57:40 GMT
No matter what client you are using really, just make a HEAD request
to the resource and it should return you the headers data (As
Content-Length) just as if it was the GET request but without an
actual body.

On a more general note that might get be of interest, this is a
RESTful concept, and usually real RESTful services will allow you to
post HEAD requests to resources which you can use it to validate the
existence of (user, document, etc) without requesting the whole
document body (Or for any potential reasons for that matter)

Hope it helps :)

--
David Coallier