From Dan Smythe <xkeita...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependency problem while installing the new CouchDB-0.11.0 (libmozjs-dev)
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:15:35 GMT
All --

Trying to build an RPM out of CouchDB 0.11 and I'm running into a similar
issue. This is on a CentOS 5.4 box, and I've used the directions here:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_SpiderMonkey?action=show&redirect=InstallingSpiderMonkeyto
get SpiderMonkey installed in /usr/local/spidermonkey.

Once installed following the directions, I have
/usr/local/spidermonkey/{bin,include,lib64} which contain the usual files.

My RPM configure line looks as such:

%configure --with-erlang=%_libdir/erlang%_includedir \
  --with-js-lib=/usr/local/spidermonkey/lib64 \
  --with-js-include=/usr/local/spidermonkey/include

Yet still it refuses to locate the libraries:

/*snip*/
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for JS_NewContext in -lmozjs... no
checking for JS_NewContext in -ljs... no
checking for JS_NewContext in -ljs3250... no
checking for JS_NewContext in -ljs32... no
configure: error: Could not find the js library.

Is the Mozilla SpiderMonkey library installed?

RPM build errors:
/*snip*/

I have tried a number of different times and methods. The js-devel package
is installed as well. Furthermore, I've tried to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
LD_INCLUDE_PATH, all to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? I've started from the ground up twice now and am
running out of patience.

Cheers~

--Dan