From Ning Tan <ning...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do change notification (filters) support HTTP verbs other than GET?
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 02:14:33 GMT
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:05 AM, J Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2010, at 8:48 AM, Ning Tan wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Do change notification filters (or change notifications in general)
>> support HTTP verbs other than GET?
>>

> Currently they only support GET, but it'd be a very short patch to expand support to
include POST.

Thanks. I'm going to see if I can create such a patch. Time to learn a
bit more about Futon tests.

Also, in the meantime, I'm trying to "hack" the solution by sending a
request body with a GET. It seems that the body reaches my filter
function fine (via req.body), but for some reason the response from
Couch hangs whenever I send the body, even for a filter function that
just returns true.

If I remember correctly, the response was like

{ results: [

and then the curl session just sits there.

My curl command was something like:

curl -d '["id1","id2"]' -X GET $DB/_changes?filter=app/myFunc

The minute I took out the body, the problem went away.

I understand that sending a body with GET is not a standard way of
doing things, but the hanging part was really weird anyway. It was so
close to being a working solution. :-) I can get you more details if
needed.

Thanks for your help.