From Jürgen Kraus <juergen.kr...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB C API
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 16:18:47 GMT
Guys/gals,

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Getting_started_with_C states that to use this
API, you just have to

cd /home/user/couchdb/CouchProjects/Libraries/c/src/
make
make install (as root)

So far, so good, so - what? There is no such thing as 'CouchProjects', not even
a home directory for the (non-interactive) couchdb account. I'm using 0.11.0
built from the source tarball on FreeBSD 8.0. Searching the internet for
anything related to 'CouchProjects' came up with no useful results (same for
"libcouchdb.h"), and checking older versions of CouchDB (back to
0.80.0-incubating) also did not offer any further insight. Is that beast still
supported at all? Or is the wiki page simply obsolete and I should better not
even think about pursuing that path any further?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jürgen