From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where can I find crash logs for couch?
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 20:00:44 GMT
How do you know that CouchDB is crashing? Is munin reporting a PID
change? If so, the Erlang VM can and will (by design) halt suddenly
without logging anything (and expect to be restarted by heart) in
which case there won't be anything logged.

On the other hand if its a non-sudden crash sometimes Erlang will log
a crash dump in the $CWD where the VM was started which would likely
be $PREFIX/var/lib if you're using the init.d style scripts.

Paul Davis