From Nick Poulden <n...@domine.co.uk>
Subject Intersecting several views
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 01:08:40 GMT
I'm trying to create a bulk email app that can take a database of user
records and filter them by any number of attributes, much like the 'Advanced
Segments' feature of Google Analytics. For example, you could specify that
the email was to be sent to all 'Gold' users who registered more than 3
months ago who haven't logged in in the last 2 weeks.

My question is how to approach this filtering problem with couchdb. At the
moment I have different views on 'account_type', 'registration_date' and
'last_login_date'. My program queries each view separately and returns an
intersection of the resulting key arrays. This is working ok while my
database is small but it's not very scalable as all the document keys have
to be loaded in to memory before the intersection can happen.

Does anyone have any ideas for a better way to approach this problem?

Thanks,

Nick