From Dan Smythe <xkeita...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependency problem while installing the new CouchDB-0.11.0 (libmozjs-dev)
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:33:12 GMT
So, here's an interesting tidbit.

If the -static flag is present during the spidermonkey configure tests, they
fail. So,

 -- RHEL ( nor EPEL ) have curl-7.18.0 available for RHEL5, so you have to
force it in (breaking numerous dependencies ) to have a chance with CouchDB
0.11.

 -- Trying to statically compile CouchDB 0.11 fails, because the
spidermonkey ./configure tests fail with the -static flag present.

Therefore, it seems you can only get CouchDB 0.11 running on RHEL5 if you're
OK with breaking any curl dependencies, which I'm not, because it's a long
list and includes php-*.

I'm convinced that CouchDB 0.11 isn't going to fly on RHEL5 at this point.

Anyone manage to do so, with spidermonkey, and without breaking curl
dependencies?

Cheers~