From Jarrod Roberson <jar...@vertigrated.com>
Subject Re: How to do ad hoc where queries in CouchDB
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 08:26:57 GMT
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 4:15 AM, Sebastian Cohnen <
sebastiancohnen@googlemail.com> wrote:

> interesting appraoch, thanks for sharing. but I doubt that this would scale
> very well. you should have a look at couchdb-lucene

In my preliminary testing it is very fast. I am looking for others to
actually test out this idiom on some larger sets of data.
I am doing 100ks of documents that are pretty much the same and it works
great.
I am not interested in running a jvm and dealing with lucene to just do a
few "ad hoc" queries.
I would rather use Xapian if I have to fall back on a full text search
engine.

--
Jarrod Roberson