From Paul Bonser <...@paulbonser.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb 0.11 replication issue
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 05:26:40 GMT
I think that's pretty typical behavior, since it's append-only
re-building any views you have. Try compacting the views and database
and see if it's still bigger. My guess is that it won't be.

I have a DB which did about the same thing. I replicated from one
machine to another, and it grew from 209MB to a little less than a GB,
then after compacting, it's back down to 209MB. Though in my case the
same thing happened during my initial insert of the data, too, because
I was reading from the DB as I was doing the inserts (and thus the
views were being rebuilt, ballooning the file).

--
Paul Bonser
http://probablyprogramming.com