From Manokaran K <manoka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb-lucene reindexes when restarted
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:05:59 GMT
On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com>wrote:

> I can't reproduce this. My setup always picks up where I left off, so
> there must be some step I'm not doing to trigger this.
>
> Can you delete the target/indexes and reproduce this from scratch? If
> so, could you list all the steps?

I get this problem only when I load couchdb with demo data for my
application - a set of school related documents all generated with random
data using a ruby script. When I tried with another ruby script that
generated a bland set of docs, the problem vanished. So, it has to do with
the docs I generate.

But there are no errors in couchdb logs when I load the data! Only the
update_seq (in c-l logs) does not get bumped up to the highest number.
Instead it gets stuck at a lower number. Is there some way I can query
couchdb to get the doc that resulted in this update_seq? Perhaps there will
be some clue there!!

thanks,
mano