From Magnus Ottosson <mag...@magnusottosson.se>
Subject Re: Search for city by name, order by population
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:38:17 GMT
Oh, I should have made that more clear. I will use this to
autocomplete a searchbox. So when the user start typing I will search
for the cities that matches the string. The user might type "new".
Then I want to fetch the 10 largest cities based on population where
the name starts with "new".

If I just wanted to search for the name I could have created an index
with the name as the key and searched like this:
startkey="new"&endkey="new\u9999" and this would have matched all the
cities with the name string with new. Right?

I want to sort this result by population in descending order so I can
fetch the 10 largest cities matching the input.

Magnus