From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hypercouch
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:42:47 GMT
Tom,

I abandoned my full text indexing projects once Rob Newson put the
hammer down on couchdb-lucene. The code is still floating around but
is hugely lacking compared to couchdb-lucene. I've since always
recommended every use that because of all that it does.

As to the JVM, I feel your pain. Though in reality the only reasonable
complaint is its memory usage. Chatting briefly with Rob it seems that
there might be tricks to reducing the usage in general if you're
worried about that. Perhaps a wiki page of "Managing memory usage"
might be helpful to future users?

HTH,
Paul Davis