From Manokaran K <>
Subject couchdb-lucene reindexes when restarted
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:15:47 GMT

Hi, I'm using couchdb-lucene 0.5 with couchdb 0.10. It looks like whenever I
restart couchdb or couchdb-lucene, lucene re-indexes the documents once
again for that particular index function!! Is that expected behavior?

At IRC someone said its expected because docs might have changed! I thought
couchdb-lucene would use etags or _changes api to test if the docs need

Which is right?

Lord, give us the wisdom to utter words that are gentle and tender, for
tomorrow we may have to eat them.
   -Sen. Morris Udall