From Craig Blake <>
Subject Re: Pull replication fails with 404
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 00:50:41 GMT
I tried bypassing the proxy and replication works ok, though I still have test failures.

As I understand it using ProxyPass (and ProxyPassReverse) with the "nocanon" and "AllowEncodedSlashes"
options should work for proxying to the CouchDB installation?

Are there any other recommended ways to put CouchDB behind HTTPS?

I'll also try turning on debug logging as soon as I have an opportunity.

On Mar 31, 2010, at 4:34 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On 31 Mar 2010, at 22:23, Craig Blake wrote:
>> Sorry, to be clear I am trying to replicate an entire database, but the replication
fails with the error about a missing "_local" doc.  The database name is "mydb-prod" and accessed
through an Apache front-end using ProxyPass (and ReverseProxyPass), where "/data" is the context
path to the CouchDB database root.
> Do you use the nocanon
> and AllowEncodedSlashes On options?
>> The proxying seems to be working fine for accessing documents and views, replication
is the only thing that is not working for me.
> Running the test suite behind the proxy will show you if everything is working fine.
> Cheers
> Jan
> --
>> Hope that's more clear.
>> Thanks,
>> Craig
>> On Mar 31, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Robert Newson wrote:
>>> Yes, they should be ignored. I thought you were trying to read a
>>> _local document on the "other" replica, and was just confirming that
>>> the doc didn't get replicated (hence the 404).
>>> Re-reading your original message, is it just that you're not %2F
>>> escaping the / in your database name? I'm assuming the db is called
>>> "data/mydb-prod"?
>>> B.
I need to do to filter those docs out explicitly?
local database (that was previously pushed to the remote) but it fails with a 404:
would be expected that is not there, either on the mailing list or in the Couch book.  I am
using 0.11 for both DB instances.

View raw message