From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject RE: Search for city by name, order by population
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:59:43 GMT
If you use [name, population] as the key I believe you'll get what you need. You could query
the view like this: ?startkey=["name"]&endkey=["name",{}]

Also check out the article on view collation on the wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/View_collation

Nils Breunese.
Van: Magnus Ottosson [magnus@magnusottosson.se]
Verzonden: maandag 12 april 2010 10:25
Aan: user@couchdb.apache.org
Onderwerp: Search for city by name, order by population

Hi,

I have a database with the names and population of cities (about 7
million entities). Is it possible, with couchdb, to create a key that
includes both cityname and population where I can search for a name
and get the matching results ordered by the population?

I tried to create a key like [population, name] and search like this
?startkey=[0, "name"]&endkey=[10000000, "name]&limit=10 but it does
not work like the way I hoped.

Any ideas?

Magnus