From Fredrik Widlund <fredrik.widl...@qbrick.com>
Subject _revs_limit_
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:02:47 GMT

Hi,

We're running a bidirectional replicated (two nodes) setup where a database contains a couple
of hundred small documents, where each document is updated with new data every few seconds.

We're having a few problems getting this to work.

-          _revs_limit in itself does not stop the database from growing. This is by design
as I understand it.

-          A low _revs_limit (=10 for example) seems to break replication. Typically only
a few documents are updated through the replication to the node that is not directly written
to. The others are not updated.

-          Regularly compacting the database seems to have some performance (as well as stability)
implications, at least in a replicated scenario.

What's the recommended work flow here? We need to keep updating the database 24/7/365 with
data, but without the size growing uncontrollably?

Kind regards,
Fredrik Widlund