From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:58:18 GMT

On Apr 17, 2010, at 9:30 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

> CouchDB is a database built for the Web.
>
> Or, like I already mentioned, we could use this quote:
>
> 	"Let me tell you something: Django may be built for the Web, but CouchDB is built of
the Web."

> 	- http://jacobian.org/writing/of-the-web/
>
> Thoughts?

I've forked James' git project and some work on it. Here is a screenshot:

http://jchrisa.net/media/couchdb-web/couchdb-web.png

The fork is at http://github.com/jchris/couchdb_web

The main changes are to the copy, the font (back to myriad) and back toward something like
his first layout (but without the pillows.)

Thanks James for the inspiration. I think this still requires some work, but it was fun to
get my hands dirty.

Chris

> On 17 Apr 2010, at 17:21, Phil Rand wrote:
>
>> "CouchDB is a database at home with the web."
>>
>> Or "...comfortable with the web."
>>
>> Regarding fonts, I feel like a beer drinker at a wine tasting.  They both
>> look fine to me.
>>
>> 2010/4/13 Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com>
>>
>>> Very nice design. s/geared for the web/designed for the web/ ?

>>> can

>>> word

>>> are:

>>> only